Longest Day of Golf General Donation
What is the Cures Within Reach Long(est) Day of Golf Fundraiser?
A golf event, unlike any other.
For over 10 years, golfers have been raising funds for medical repurposing research at Cures Within Reach’s annual LDOG event. In 2020, we’re returning to Rich Harvest Farms, an exclusive private course rarely accessible by non-members and named the 5th best new private course in the US by Golf Digest when it debuted in 1999.
Your support allows us to improve patient quality and length of life by leveraging the speed, safety and cost-effectiveness of medical repurposing research, driving more treatments to more patients more quickly.
Together, over the years our players have created amazing impact, changing lives for patients with:
- Oncology: metastatic thyroid cancer, brain cancer, prostate cancer, pediatric cancer
- Pediatric Diseases: autoimmune diseases, oncology, rare liver disease, malnutrition
- Neurological Diseases: Alzheimer’s disease, autism
Funds raised at the 2019 event helped to find, select and manage the following two pediatric clinical repurposing research trials:
- The THRIVE Study: Repurposing Fecal Microbiota Transplantation for the Treatment of Pediatric Malnutrition in South Africa by Dr. Osman at OpenBiome
- Repurposing a Blood Cancer Drug to Treat an Immune Disorder (HLH) in Children by Dr. Nichols at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Funds raised at the 2018 event helped to find, select and manage two cancer-related clinical repurposing research trials:
- Repurposing Old Drugs as New Therapies for Metastatic Thyroid Cancer by Dr. Swiecicki of the University of Michigan
- A Novel Combination of Generic Chemotherapy Drugs to Treat Brain Cancer by Dr. Tannous and Dr. Arrillaga-Romany of Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School and Dr. Kouwenhoven of VUmc Cancer Center Amsterdam
How does it work?
Registered players contribute or raise a minimum of $1,500, with many players raising $2,000 to -$5,000. On May 29, players will join us at Rich Harvest Farms for an incredible day of golf, lunch, cocktail hour, and more!
All funds donated to Cures Within Reach may be tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. CWR is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt not-for-profit organization, tax ID 20-3620169.
Want to stretch your dollar and increase your impact? There are TWO ways: 1. Donate via bank transfer instead of credit card to significantly lower our fees! Select “Bank Withdrawal” near the bottom of the form below. 2. Many companies offer a matching gift program. To DOUBLE your impact, please ask your employer/HR department if matching donations are possible.
To send a check by mail, please note our new address:
134 N. LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60602