Cures Within Reach’s mission is to improve patient quality and length of life by leveraging the speed, safety and cost-effectiveness of testing already approved therapies for new indications that serve philanthropic and/or commercial uses, driving more treatments to more patients more quickly.
Our focus: funding the projects that, when successful, will catalyze follow-on funding and/or further trials and publications. We focus on impacting patients with unmet medical needs, whether a repurposed treatment may have philanthropic value or commercial value.
Real World Data Through a Patient’s Lens
October 12, 2021 (virtual): a conversation on Real World Data (RWD) and case reports from clinicians and researchers
Diversity of Clinical Trial Researchers and Patients: A Repurposing Opportunity?
November 9, 2021 (virtual): a dialogue on the dual opportunities of clinical trial diversity to impact health disparities and/or improve minority leadership in scientific research
REPURPOSING AND COVID19
The global healthcare community is working together in unprecedented ways to treat patients and learn from each other. There are many opportunities underway using already approved drugs in clinical trials to treat COVID19 patients, providing evidence-based medicine to clinicians.
Read more about the many clinical repurposing trials:
- BioCentury’s updated table of the 200+ ongoing trials
- ReDo Project led by AntiCancer Fund
- Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA: COVID19 Treatment Hub as well as its COVID19 Evidence Accelerator
Resources for Repurposing in COVID19
- CURE ID: case reporting tool from NIH/NCATS and FDA
- NIH/NCATS COVID-19 OpenData Portal
- Funding Source: NIH/NCATS: Urgent Phase I/II Clinical Trials to Repurpose Existing Therapeutic Agents to Treat COVID-19
- U Penn’s CORONA (COvid Registry of Off-label & New Agents) database
- Data Against COVID19: data sharing platform
- XSEDE’s HPC-COVID19 Consortium: computing resources