Cures Within Reach’s Disease-Focused & Geographical-Focused Repurposing Communities
In 2019, Cures Within Reach launched Repurposing Communities to provide strategic alignment among our many stakeholder groups within disease-specific and geographic areas of interests. Engagement by all our stakeholder groups can be enhanced within the specific community as well as through CWR central organization, including patient groups and disease associations, universities and research institutions, healthcare industry and service providers, philanthropy, and government / others.
Our Current Disease-Specific Communities
Current Geographic-Specific Communities
Value to Stakeholders
These virtual repurposing communities provide value within aligned strategic interests to all stakeholder members.
- More “shots on goal” for unmet medical needs within strategically aligned interests
- Funding when commercial value is still unknown
- Exposure to and engagement with patient-centered, patient-focused groups
- Triple bottom line: patient impact; success may be reinvested; economic development from follow-on funding
Value CWR Provides
- Partnering with a global repurposing leader
- Vetted due diligence process and management of funded projects during and after
- Neutrality and conflict-free selection process
- Leverage! Seed funding often leads to follow-on funding
- Community of like-minded stakeholders
Annual support from stakeholders supports our efforts to find, select and manage all of our on-going projects, future grants and awards programs and educational sessions.
Separate funding from those stakeholders interested in deeper, more specific engagement provides funding to develop Community-Specific Programming aligned with each partner.
- An individual donor supports a funding opportunity Request for Proposals in a rare disease via a CureAccelerator Live! pitch event to select the winning project
- A biopharma company supports a patient educational event in oncology
- A private foundation supports Impact Awards for neuro-focused, geographic-neutral repurposing startups
Program-specific content is developed within and for each community – while available for and open to all stakeholders and the public.
All communities gain from our Centrally-based programming that provides:
- The sharing of learnings and promoting collaboration across our communities
- Patient-centric educational opportunities that impact all our communities
- Promotion to all stakeholders and the public of the program-specific content developed within and for each community