2023 Golf Fundraiser
2023 Golf Fundraiser
Sunday, June 25, 2023
Rich Harvest Farms, Sugar Grove, IL
For over 10 years, golfers have been raising funds for medical repurposing research at Cures Within Reach’s annual golf event. In 2023, we will again play at Rich Harvest Farms, an exclusive private course rarely accessible by non-members and named the 5th best new private course in the US by Golf Digest when it debuted in 1999.
The pandemic shined a spotlight on what we’ve known for over a decade: the fastest way to therapeutic impact is testing already approved therapies for new indications in clinical trials. We support quickly testing drugs, devices and more that are already safe and effective for one disease to treat another disease.
In 2023, a portion of the proceeds from this event will help to fund new clinical trials to be selected to impact pediatrics and veterans.
We’re grateful to our sponsors!
email email@example.com to become an event sponsor in 2023!
Sponsorship recognition opportunities described HERE.
Funding Game-Changing Clinical Trials that Make Real Patient Impact
Prior to June 25, registered golfers donate or raise at least $1,500 ($6,000/foursome) for Cures Within Reach to support our mission: testing already approved treatments for new indications – driving more treatments to more patients through repurposing.
A portion of the proceeds from our 2022 event helped to find, select and manage 4 oncology, pediatric and veterans clinical trials (described here).
In 2021: 3 pediatric clinical trials; in 2020: 4 infectious disease clinical trials; in 2019: 2 pediatric clinical trials; and in 2018: 2 oncology clinical trials. Past events have supported clinical trials in:
- Infectious Disease: COVID19, dengue, tuberculosis
- Neurological Disease: Alzheimer’s disease, autism, PTSD, traumatic brain injury
- Oncology: Metastatic thyroid cancer, brain cancer, prostate cancer, osteosarcoma, bladder cancer, blood cancer
- Pediatric: Autoimmune, oncology, rare liver, malnutrition, hearing loss, vascular malformations, muscular
Read more about all of these here.
Supporting Our Golfers
Cures Within Reach supports our golfers fundraising by providing:
- Individual donation web pages
- Print and social media materials to share
- Support for corporate matching and company sponsorship