Submit your nomination for the Patient Impact Research Award
Honoring leaders creating patient impact through business, science and philanthropy.
The Janet Davison Rowley Patient Impact Research Award is given to one or more researchers/clinicians who have created positive patient impact through Repurposing Research. We honor the impact Dr. Rowley (1925-2013) had on patients through her clinical care and medical research, including her pioneering work that led to the creation of drugs that were later repurposed for additional indications.
Previous awardees include:
• Dr. Marty St. Clair, Viiv Healthcare
•Dr. Vincent Rajkumar, Mayo Clinic
• Dr. James Surmeier and Dr. Tanya Simuni, Northwestern University
• Dr. David Teachey, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
The researcher and/or clinician selected must fit the following profile:
• Has successfully repositioned or repurposed a drug, device or nutriceutical for human clinical use in a rare disease(s), either FDA approved or off-label
• The results of this repurposed treatment are published in the clinical or scientific literature
• Patients who use or used the repurposed treatment enjoyed an increased quality and/or length of life
• Willing to be honored by Cures Within Reach, including being featured in the GHRA event written and online materials
• Able to be present at the GHRA event June 27, 2017 in the evening in Chicago
• Willing to give a short (4-6 minute) presentation about the repurposing treatment at the GHRA event and possibly the repurposing conference held in conjunction with the GHRA event
• Willing to be interviewed and perhaps videotaped prior to the event
Thank you for your nomination!
Awardees will be determined in March and celebrated at the GHRA event on June 27th, 2017 in Chicago, IL
Contact Clare Thibodeaux with any questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org (847) 745-1250